Sunday, October 12, 2014

So this is How it Starts?!?!?

Yesterday my friend Erica and I went to the Chicago Marathon Expo. Now I used to run a lot so going to the expo was a way for me to find races to sign up for but in the last 8 month I swore off running because of my bad knee. Needless to say going to the expo gave me the itch to run again. While Erica and I were walking the floor we walked by the runDisney booth. I was looking at the medals (because I LOVE my bling) and noticed this super awesome Avengers one, and then it all began. Upon looking at the medal and a little bit of fangirling Erica and I made a verbal commitment right there that we are going to do the Avengers Half Marathon in 2015!!!!

AAAHHHHH!!!!! Having not run in eight months and having a bad knee (latterly called runners knee!) I am starting to think what have I gotten myself into. Don't get me wrong, even thought I haven't been running I have been keeping up with an exercise routine but I have just been lacking motivation. don't get me wrong I love working out but sometimes I have been feeling like it's a chore not something I want to do for me.

So as of yesterday October 11, 2014 I Margaret J. Martinotti am committing to run the Avengers Super hero Half Marathon in 2015!!

So how am I going to do this? I got to hold myself accountable to stay on track and really do this and I have a couple of tools for that. The biggest one is Erica. We both agreed that we are going to stay on each other about going to the gym and working to this goal. The second tool that I'm using is Social Media. If I have to make it public I'm hoping that people will remind me "hey don't you want to be an Avenger?!?!?"

So here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment